Friday, February 22, 2008

Day in Seattle

Okay so I stink at this blog thing, but I am going to keep going and update when I get the chance or perhaps when something exciting happens?

Today, we had a great day, we had a fieldtrip scheduled at the Odyssey Maritime Discovery Center ( http://ody.org/) with the homeschool group in the afternoon. So, we decided to head into Seattle a little early and go to the Pacific Science Center first
(http://www.pacificsciencecenter.org/ ), we haven't been there in ages. The kids all had a great time, one of the highlights was the bug exhibit. We would move from exhibit to exhibit and Austin kept wandering off, I could always find him standing in front on the HUGE talking bug by the entrance, he was completely fascinated with him. He ask a few times if the bug was going to eat him. hahaha We also liked the butterfly exhibit and watched them eat/suck the nectar out of flowers and fruits...very interesting! It was such a beautiful day, so the kids had a good time playing with the water shooters outside.
We then headed over to the Center house for lunch before going to Odyssey Maritime. If you have never been to http://ody.org/ and live near Seattle I suggest going and taking the kids, it was a good time, very hands on. The kids all loved it and asked if we could go back. We definitely will, but next time I think we will bring Pete along. The kids got to see a little of what Daddy does, with driving the cranes and such. The boys favorite things were playing in the water building a dam and driving the cranes, moving the cargo from the ships onto truck. I wish I could have taken some pictures, but I didn't remember by camera until we were on the highway.

After a day in Seattle we met up with my friend Linda (whom I met in our childbirth class with our first kiddos) and her kids. We are swapping kids for the night. She took the girls and I have the boys. The boys have just recently started having sleep overs and they have been going pretty good. Of course bedtime is always a little challenging, but they eventually get to sleep.LOL

No comments: