Monday, May 19, 2008

Robin's Nest

About a month ago I discovered a robin's nest around the side of our house under Abby's bedroom window in the Rhododendron bush. It is quite low so I am surprise that she built it there. I quickly went inside to see if I could see inside the nest from Abby's window, and discovered that there were least 2 eggs. We were so excited. About 2 weeks ago they hatched and we discovered there were 3, oh they were so tiny and ugly. We have had the joy of watching them grow and mama bird feeding them, it has been a great experience. I have taken some pictures, but have yet been able to capture on with mama bird feeding them.

Newly hatched and quite ugly!

Waiting for their breakfast. They about a week old here.
Peacefully sleeping! This was taken a couple of days ago.
Mama Bird

1 comment:

Britt said...

The open-mouth shot is awesome! I can't wait to show my boys.