What a great weekend!! A couple of weeks ago Pete had told me he was going to take me somewhere for my birthday (yesterday). I loved the anticipation, he doesn't often surprise me, so this was a real treat. Saturday, I took the kids to Gramma's and we headed out to the Lake Quinault Resort (http://www.lakequinault.com/). This is truly a lovely place, very tranquil and relaxing. We had stayed here about 6 years ago and it was just as great then as it is now.
We had dinner across the lake at the Lake Quinault Lodge, we had gone early and had some drinks and sat outside just talking and relaxing. It was so nice to just be able to talk without kids interrupting.
Sunday before we headed home we decided the drive around the lake and look for wildlife. About 15 minutes into our drive we spotted a herd of Elk in a field. We stopped and observed them for 10 minutes or so, then continued on.
As we drove along for a while hoping to find more wildlife, we came to a staight stretch were a few cars were pulled over. Pete looked over in the field and there were 2 black bears eating in the grass approx. 100-150 feet away. I just thought this was so cool, I had never seen bear in the wild. We took lots of pictures and stayed to watch them for about 20+ minutes.


Here is a picture of a beautiful waterfall we also came across.

2 comments:
I was just getting ready to call and ask about your getaway. Sounds like you had a great time. I can't believe you saw BEARS!!!
Enjoyed your blog! We also use MFW.
Post a Comment