Well time has sure flown by. I keep meaning to come and update my blog, but life just keeps happening and I don't always get the time I want. Since school has started we have been so busy. Between ORLA, swim team, dance and homeschooling we don't have much time for anything else.
Steven had his first swim meet in October, he did really well for his first one, he had lots of fun. Did you know even just starting out and doing it mostly for fun they still have to follow all the rules/regulations as if they were swimming in the Olympics...it's crazy. There are so many disqualifications I am surprised anyone places. You can get disqualified for your arm not being bent just the right way or when you start out you kicked just a little wrong. Steven's coach's daughter was hoping to qualify so they could compete in a certain meet and she was disqualified for her shoulder being back instead of forward on the turn. Needless, to say Steven didn't place, but he had a lot of fun. I was bummed Pete forgot the camera so we don't have any pictures.
Halloween was fun! The homeschool group had a dance with trunk or treating before, so we deck
the van out and the kids went around and got candy. Then Abby stayed at the dance and Pete and I took the boys trick or treating. The boys got way to much candy which Mom and Dad had to check over first to confiscate all the "bad" candy! LOL
We just got back from Disneyland, where Abby's clogging dance group dance 2 days (once at California Adventure and once a Disneyland) It was a great time to go, the lines weren't bad at all, I think the longest we had to stand in line may have been 25 minutes. That was until Monday (11/10) when California schools were out Monday and Tuesday for the Veteran Holiday, then it was just crazy. Pete's Mom Marilyn went with us too, I think she had a lot of fun. She hadn't been to Disneyland since 1964 so a lot had changed.
Abby had the best time, Saturday Disney was filming their Christmas special, so the Jonas brothers and Corbin Blue were there. She was ecstatic that she was up front when Corbin Blue performed, she got lots of pictures and some video. We will have to watch for when it airs and see if we can see Abby. Here are a few of the many pictures that we took!
Abby and Emma(right) dancing their part in their Highschool Musical dance!
The Boys
Dracula and myself (Austin took this picture, I thought he did quite well)
Austin didn't want any of the girl characters to sign his autograph book. I told him it was going to hurt Minnie's feelings and she did pout for a second or two, then Mickey gave Minnie Austin's book and she pretended to kiss and hug it and then she handed it back to him. He was like Ewwww! It was pretty funny.
The Incredible!
We were suppose to act like we were strong, but the boys must have decided not to?

2 comments:
Glad you had fun! It's pretty hard not to though when you're in the most magical place on Earth or whatever their tag line is. LOL
The story about Minnie and Austin's autograph books was really funny. That will be a great memory.
Okay, now EVERYONE I know has been to Disneyland. When do we get our turn? Chris is anti-Disneyland! What a grump!
Glad you had fun, though. : )
Post a Comment