Monday, October 1, 2007

English Tea

This past week we studied about England, so what better way to end the week than with afternoon tea. A new friend loaned me her table cloth and we pulled out G.G's (Pete's grandma) china. Abby made cherry, choc. chip scones, which were so yummy! We decided not to make the triangle sandwiches and went with fruit instead. The kids all tried the tea, but in the end switched to hot chocolate. It was a nice time. I think we would like to have a little afternoon tea, with some poem readings or something like that once a month.

Look how pretty the table is!






Even Pete joined us. The roughed looking guy drinking from such a dainty cup.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Oh, this is so wonderful! I loved the photos, looks like you had a great time!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing. I show the pictures of others using CAtW to my kids and they love seeing them.

Britt said...

What a fun event. It almost makes me want to homeschool... almost. *big smile*

Re: the photo of Pete. I LOVE the contrast of the china tea cup with the Dickies sweatshirt.