Today was a very Fall day, it was sunny and cool. Fall is my favorite season! I love everything about it, the colors, the weather, pumpkins, leaves, the feel I get when fall is here. I especially love making yummy things with pumpkin; muffins/bread, pancakes, shakes, choc. chip pumpkin cookies you name it I would probably try it with pumpkin. Pete thinks I am a little crazy! Why do I only make these things during the fall, since I like them so much? I think it just make Fall that much better and special, it just wouldn't be the same if I made them all the time, I am not sure I would enjoy them as much ;)
This last weekend I got out all our Fall decorations and I bought new yummy smelling candles, pumpkin spice and apple cider. Candle just make the home so inviting. I decorated our front entry way with leaves and a scarecrow sitting on some crates holding Fall Welcome signs. I would like to get some corn stalks and a few little pumpkins, since ours in the garden aren't quite ready yet.
Well, Pete has been doing a lot of pruning around the yard, today he pruned a maple tree on the side of the house. When I went out to talk to him this is what I found
They were using some of the branches from the maple tree to make walking sticks...wood carving tools and all. The kids really enjoyed themselves, and I think Pete did too.

I think Abby said she was carving a deer foot?

Austin's walking stick. You can't really see it in the picture, but Pete carved out some designs for the handle. On Steven's he made a dragon, he is really a talented guy. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment