Today I post a picture of my running shoes. Why, you say? Well, for the past couple of years I have been wanting the run a 5K. I have never been a runner, but have always wanted be. I couple of times I have started to couch 2 5K program, but never completed it, only getting to the part where you run for maybe 5 minutes straight.
Then this new year rolled around and of course I set some new goals, I was going to try running again. This time I decided to just try running for 5 minutes and then keep adding time. Then I wanted to make it 1 mile...then 2miles. Then this last week I went for it and ran 3.1miles and I also did it in a pretty good time for me, 37 minutes.
So, today I post a picture of my running shoes because I have signed up for my first offical 5K. I will be running in the St Patty's Day 5K on March 14th. I am really looking forward to this and hope that is will not be my last. I am very proud of myself and know that I can do whatever I set my mind to.

3 comments:
I am so excited for you!
Go Cherise! How exciting. I can't wait to hear more about it.
OK I just jumped through password Hoops from Hell to leave you a comment congratulating you on your recent run and new commitment! I am very pleased for you!
Furthermore, hereforeto, and nevertheless, I LOVE your blog and am pretty impressed by that too.
A
Post a Comment